Why Every Commercial Property Needs A Sprinkler System

Why Every Commercial Property Needs A Sprinkler System

Fire sprinkler systems are one of the most reliable safety measures you can count on in the event of a fire.

Fire sprinkler systems are essential for protecting commercial properties. While most commercial buildings are required to have sprinkler systems installed to meet code requirements, many people skip over annual maintenance and safety checks because they assume that they will work whenever needed. Why exactly are commercial fire sprinkler systems so important?

They Are Virtually Fault-Free

Fire sprinkler systems are one of the most reliable safety measures you can count on in the event of a fire. Unlike fire extinguishers, which require reading instructions and proper usage to work, fire sprinkler systems will kick on immediately and work to keep the flames at bay. Over 90% of fire sprinkler systems properly activated during large structural fires in a recent study. What happened to the other 10%? Those systems were not properly maintained, so the sprinkler systems did not kick on when they were supposed to.

They Can Cut Your Losses

Commercial fires can cause devastating amounts of property damage at commercial buildings. Inventory losses, structural problems, and even injuries and loss of life can occur. When paired with an early warning system, like smoke detectors, fire sprinkler systems can reduce property damage, injuries, and loss of life by over 50%! That makes a gigantic difference. In many cases, sprinkler systems can mean the difference between a fire and a devastating fire that causes a permanent business closure.

They Save Lives

Every day, you want to take steps to protect your customers, your employees, and yourself. If you don’t have a fire sprinkler system in your commercial building that is properly maintained, you aren’t doing your job. Fire sprinklers help to radically lower the risk of injury and death during structural fires. A recent study from the National Fire Protection Association showed that there had been no record of over two lives lost inside of a building with a properly maintained sprinkler system.

Fire Prevention and Protection Services from Advanced Fire Protection Systems

Advanced Fire Protection Systems is committed to providing all of our commercial and residential customers with effective and appropriate fire protection systems. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to meet all of your fire protection needs and keep your business running. We provide full-service design, construction, testing, and maintenance for all water-based fire protection systems. Let us use our years of experience to protect your residential or commercial property from fires. To get started with Advanced Fire Protection Systems today, contact us online or give us a call at 443-557-0321.

This entry was posted on Friday, August 4th, 2017 at 4:47 pm. Both comments and pings are currently closed.